FAQs – Dance It Out
WHY CHOOSE DANCE IT OUT?
Dance It Out Studios is fully committed to providing a quality dance education for dancers of all ages in an environment that helps nurture each student’s individual ability, self-confidence, and creativity. We strongly believe that dance enriches the lives of our students, their families, and our community. Not only do we strive to help students to become the best dancers they can be, but also the best citizens they can be through dance education, cultural and social awareness.
WHAT ARE THE POINTE REQUIREMENTS?
Students must take 2 ballet and pre-pointe each week. Students must also pass instructor assessment.
WHAT DOES A STUDENT NEED TO DO TO DROP A CLASS?
If a student wants to drop a class, a two-week notice must be given. If a withdrawal is made after payment for tuition, a $50 fee will be added to account.
WHY DO STUDENTS HAVE TO PAY JUNE TUITION?
Tuition is 10 monthly installments. Tuition is not based on the number of weeks per month. Tuition must be paid consecutively. Students cannot periodically attend months. A reenrollment fee of $25 will be assessed.
WHAT AND WHEN ARE THE COSTUME FEES?
• Revue costumes cost $65 for Tutu Tots, Creative Movement, Pre-Ballet, Beginning Irish, Intro to Tap, Intro to Ballet, Mini Select Ensemble, and Intro to Hip Hop. This fee is nonrefundable.
• Revue costumes cost $80 for Levels 1-4/Advanced Classes for Ballet, Hip Hop, Lyrical, and Tap, Select Ensembles, Street Jazz, Armaugh and Dublin Irish. This fee is nonrefundable.
• The first half of costume fees are due by October 13th. The rest of the costume fee and revue fee are due by November 15th.
WHAT DOES THE REVUE FEE COVER?
The revue fee is $35. The fee covers props, rental fees, stage crew, sets, and insurance.
HOW ARE STUDENTS PLACED?
Students are placed according to age and experience. Students receive progress reports in March and are recommended for class placement by the instructor. Skills are accessed by instructors throughout the year.
WHY DOES JUNE TUITION NEED TO BE PAID WHEN REGISTERING FOR CLASSES?
We charge June tuition in place to hold the student’s place in the class. June fees are typically difficult to collect during the end of the year so this helps make things go smoother.
WHY DOES MY STUDENT NEED TO TAKE BALLET TO TAKE LYRICAL AND JAZZ?
There is a lot of crossover between ballet and lyrical. Requiring students to take both familiarizes students with terminology and technique while allowing the class to progress quicker.
HOW TO STAY INFORMED?
Information is found on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. A monthly newsletter is sent out each month and is also found on Facebook. Bulletin displays are also located in the lobby.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DANCE?
• Dancing is a good way to stay in shape for all ages.
• Dancing can improve your muscle tone, strength, and endurance.
• Dancing can create greater self-esteem and confidence.
• Dance provides an emotional outlet so that you can express your feelings through your body movements.
• Dancing is an easy, low pressure way to make new friends.
• Dancing provides an opportunity to relax and relieve stress from the everyday stresses of life.
WHERE IS THE SCHEDULE LOCATED?
The schedule of classes is located on our Dance It Out website at the following link: Classes – Dance It Out
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR A CLASS?
There are two ways to register for a class. Classes can be registered online using the following link: https://app.jackrabbitclass.com/regv2.asp?id=523738 or stop by the studio during our business hours to register for a class. Our office staff will assist you with the registration process.
WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE FOR EACH CLASS?
The dress code is provided on each class page.
WHAT IS THE TUITION RATE FOR DANCE CLASSES?
The tuition rate is available on each class page.
WHERE IS THE SCHEDULE FOR DANCE CLASSES LOCATED?
The current schedule for dance classes are located on each class page.