FAQs -- Dance it Out
Dance It Out Studios is fully committed to providing a quality dance education for dancers of all ages in an environment that helps nurture each student’s individual ability, self-confidence, and creativity. We strongly believe that dance enriches the lives of our students, their families, and our community. Not only do we strive to help students to become the best dancers they can be, but also the best citizens they can be through dance education, cultural and social awareness.
Students must take 2 ballet and pre-pointe each week. Students must also pass instructor assessment.
If a student wants to drop a class, a two-week notice must be given. If a withdrawal is made after payment for tuition, a $50 fee will be added to account.
Tuition is 10 monthly installments. Tuition is not based on the number of weeks per month. Tuition must be paid consecutively. Students cannot periodically attend months. A reenrollment fee of $25 will be assessed.
• Revue costumes cost $65 for Tutu Tots, Creative Movement, Pre-Ballet, Beginning Irish, Intro to Tap, Intro to Ballet, Mini Select Ensemble, and Intro to Hip Hop. This fee is nonrefundable.
• Revue costumes cost $80 for Levels 1-4/Advanced Classes for Ballet, Hip Hop, Lyrical, and Tap, Select Ensembles, Street Jazz, Armaugh and Dublin Irish. This fee is nonrefundable.
• The first half of costume fees are due by October 13th. The rest of the costume fee and revue fee are due by November 15th.
The revue fee is $35. The fee covers props, rental fees, stage crew, sets, and insurance.
Students are placed according to age and experience. Students receive progress reports in March and are recommended for class placement by the instructor. Skills are accessed by instructors throughout the year.
We charge June tuition in place to hold the student's place in the class. June fees are typically difficult to collect during the end of the year so this helps make things go smoother.
There is a lot of crossover between ballet and lyrical. Requiring students to take both familiarizes students with terminology and technique while allowing the class to progress quicker.
Information is found on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. A monthly newsletter is sent out each month and is also found on Facebook. Bulletin displays are also located in the lobby.
• Dancing is a good way to stay in shape for all ages.
• Dancing can improve your muscle tone, strength, and endurance.
• Dancing can create greater self-esteem and confidence.
• Dance provides an emotional outlet so that you can express your feelings through your body movements.
• Dancing is an easy, low pressure way to make new friends.
• Dancing provides an opportunity to relax and relieve stress from the everyday stresses of life.
The schedule of classes is located on our Dance It Out website at the following link: http://danceitoutva.com/DIO_LC_classes_offered.php.
There are two ways to register for a class. Classes can be registered online using the following link: https://app.jackrabbitclass.com/regv2.asp?id=523738 or stop by the studio during our business hours to register for a class. Our office staff will assist you with the registration process.
The dress code for each class can be found at the following link:
The tuition rate for classes can be located on our Dance It Out website at the following link:
The schedule of classes is located on our Dance It Out website at the following link: