About Us (Dance It Out, La Crosse)
Michelle Harris and Alicia Washburn started with humble beginnings in 2012 under the direction of Botofogo’s Dance Studio with 34 students. After two years of tremendous growth, they both saw the need to expand their operations. The studio moved to La Crosse in 2014 and changed its ownership and name to Dance It Out.
Dance It Out offers classes for students age 2 through adult in ballet, pointe, hip hop, tap, lyrical, Irish, acting, and voice. The studio has a staff fully trained and qualified in their specific genres. The studio has 4 dance spaces with closed circuit option for parents’ viewing.
Dance It Out offers a foundational program for students from ages 2 to 5 called Start It Out. This program was created by Alicia Washburn. Start It Out pulls from many curriculums in order to provide our beginning students a fun, innovative, and educational dance program that will keep students engaged for many years to come.
- Check out our schedule! We have a packed schedule with a variety of classes for ages 2 to adult! Dance It Out Studios has a passion for dance! We offer classes in jazz, hip hop, ballet, pointe, lyrical, Irish, and more!
- Performance Opportunities. Dance It Out Studios gives students ages 3 and up the opportunity to audition for our Select Ensemble. The Select Ensemble performs with the local theater and in several events including local pageants, retirement homes, local festivals, and more. This gives our dancers a chance to share the joy of dance with the community.
- A different approach to the typical dance recital. Each year Dance It Out Studios has its annual dance revue which tells a story with all ages and genres involved in the production.
- Talented, professional, positive, and dedicated staff. We have a staff of 9 instructors each who specialize in their own genre of dance.
- Pay It Forward Challenge. Dance It Out has established a Pay It Forward challenge for all of the students. Students are encouraged to participate in charitable actions and fundraisers. At Dance It Out, we feel that a mixture of strong dance technique, good grades and service to our community will build high self-esteem among our dancers. By paying it forward, students learn how to organize a project, give back to the community, learn compassion, and learn how to set a goal and achieve.
- Classes that are fun while the student still learns! Our mission is to provide our dancers with a fun and structured classroom setting with affordable pricing.
- A four room facility!
- An innovative and interactive pre-ballet program! Dance It Out offers a foundational program for students ages 2 to 5 called Start It Out. This program was created by Alicia Washburn. Start It Out pulls from many curriculums in order to provide our beginning students with a fun, innovative, and educational dance program that keep student’s engaged for many years to come. Start It Out utilizes the Magical Kingdom of dance as an innovative tool for teaching the foundation of ballet. The Magical Kingdom of Dance teaches little ballerinas French terms, basic steps and a lifetime love of dance through the use of illustrated characters and the educational Alphamat. The Alphamat is utilized to develop the preschooler and young beginner mentally and physically. It encourages physical activity, develops muscular skills, coordination, encourages and stimulates imagination, and also provides for dramatic play. The mental process developed through use of the Alphamat will prove to be a valuable asset all through life. Start Your Child’s Love of Dance with Dance It Out!
- A close relationship with the local community theatre, Colonial Center for the Performing Arts, which provides a great venue and opens the door to many opportunities.
- Classes that start at a later time which is convenient for working parents!
- An enthusiastic studio that facilitates learning!
- A positive, friendly, and organized atmosphere!
When in doubt... Dance It Out!